Last night I watched Game of Thrones. Yes, current season’s Episode 9. I plummeted to the depths watching Shireen Baratheon die as she was sacrificed to the Lord of Lights and later I soared along with Daenerys Targaryen on the back of her dragon.
This is what “Game” does. The unexpected. Okay, sometimes they lay the groundwork (as in the case of Shireen) and sometimes, more often than not, I find myself saying “I didn’t see that coming”, as in the case of Daenerys and her dragon or as I watched the Red Wedding.
Life is so much like that. Some days are very predictable. Or unpredictable as we find ourselves chasing dragons and not flying with them. Some days we can’t catch a break and find ourselves thrown into prison like Cersei. Maybe not literally but it can seem like it.
And some days we triumph, we soar.
So, on that note, here is a list of life lessons I have learned from watching GOT:
- Appreciate good weather.
- Watch your back, especially with royalty.
- Don’t be a hypocrite, you just might end up in jail.
- In battle find a nice big giant. Believe me, they are a must have this season.
- Do not accept food from a stranger.
- Have your wedding in a public place. During the daylight hours. Have a weapons scanner at the entrance.
- And most important, if you come across very large eggs, incubate them!